DISCLAIMER:

These are the ramblings of a wanna-be writer and enamored reader. They promise to be raw, enthusiastic and probably repetitive and ramble-y. But they are a true representation of my word-filled mind trying desperately to sort out the feelings and thoughts that consume me as I read. Enjoy?

Monday, May 2, 2011

Excuses, excuses...

We are in the process of moving, and most of my books (5 boxes and counting, thank you very much) are already in the new place. Yeah, that's what I'll go with for my reason for not reviewing, or reading at all, in a ridiculously long time. I know there's maybe 1 person who actually reads this blog (if that's not true, let me know you're out there, please!!) but I still feel bad about it. So, because I don't have a book read and ready to be reviewed, here are a few things on my mind:

- I am hungry. My mom and I have been on the Daniel fast, and I'm a week in. I have eaten mostly nuts, strawberries and bananas. It's delicious, but I kind of want a hamburger.

- I wish I could review fanfiction on this blog. I write some too, but I've been reading a lot lately for some reason. Maybe because all of my books are at my other house. Okay, okay. That's not entirely true...I was already distracted by the fanfiction before I temporarily parted with my books. Yes, I know, that is slightly pathetic and I am such a nerd, but I love it. Bones and LO:CI are my faves. I love it when the characters do what I want. :)

- Osama bin Laden is dead!

On one hand, I think it's about time. People slept a little more peacefully last night. On one hand, I too am very, very relieved.

On both hands, (does that make sense?) I am SO grateful to the men and women who have given so much for our country to be free.

But on the other hand, I can't decide how I feel about it. Rather, I can't decide how I feel about the celebration of it. We were just talking last night about how God loves EVERYONE the exact same way. As much as we hate to believe it, that includes Osama bin Laden. Jesus died to save Osama bin Laden. It's mind blowing, but it's true. As much as I'd like to think that he would be the exception, he was not. God is grieved that he will spend eternity in hell. As humans, we say "Good riddance! He had it coming!" But ya know what? If it weren't for Jesus, we'd all have it coming.


1 comment:

  1. LoL, War's not over yet, sweetie! Watch out for terrorist attacks now...especially now. And that Daniel fast sounds awesome! I think I may look into it. :)

    ReplyDelete