DISCLAIMER:

These are the ramblings of a wanna-be writer and enamored reader. They promise to be raw, enthusiastic and probably repetitive and ramble-y. But they are a true representation of my word-filled mind trying desperately to sort out the feelings and thoughts that consume me as I read. Enjoy?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Making a list and checking it twice...

Since I technically wrote the first post in April, I figured I could write one more today - just some thoughts I've had lately. Hopefully I'll get the hang of this blog thing...

I love writing. Whether it's a story or a poem, a grocery list or just doodling my name over and over, I just love filling a paper with words. Lately, I am really into lists. I have always loved them, but for the past few weeks, I have made them for everything. One that I have recently started is a bucket list, which is a list of things I want to do before I "kick the bucket". I think I made a bucket list because my life has felt very pointless lately. I have felt like I am going absolutely nowhere, and I wanted to make plans to do something. I have all sorts of things on that list, from getting married and visiting Italy, to owning every Karen Kingsbury book and making something on a potter's wheel. I thought this was a "cute" idea until I went to church on Sunday night. We talked about death and what people will say when you're gone. I got to thinking, Do I really want people to say, "She loved Italy?" or "She showed God's love." I like the second option, don't you? I think if I focused a lot more on that, my life wouldn't feel so pointless so often. I don't think a bucket list is a bad thing - I still want to do those things. I just want to do the important things first. I do have "good" things on my bucket list, like volunteering and missions trips, but I don't want them to just be something to check off on a list. I want them to be done out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment