DISCLAIMER:

These are the ramblings of a wanna-be writer and enamored reader. They promise to be raw, enthusiastic and probably repetitive and ramble-y. But they are a true representation of my word-filled mind trying desperately to sort out the feelings and thoughts that consume me as I read. Enjoy?

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Guys Like Girls Who...

blog regularly. Well, I don't know if that's true, but I'm gonna try!

I'm going to attempt something new. I've been reading a lot of "book blogs" lately with reviews, interviews, giveaways, etc., and I really like them, so I thought I'd give it a try. I have a bazillion books sitting in my room that need to be read this year, but sometimes I just don't feel like it. I mean, I love to read, but sometimes I just have zero motivation. I don't know why. This will hopefully give me that motivation. :) I'm really sorry if it's awful and makes you never want to read a book again.


Book: Guys Like Girls Who...

Author: Chad Eastham

Pages: 216-ish

Summary: A book about what guys want. (back cover) "Not what guys think they want. Not what guys want right now. But what guys want, what guys need in order to make them, and you, truly happy"

Thoughts: Oh my goodness. I found out about Chad Eastham through a friend a few years ago, then I heard him speak during the Revolve Tour in '08 or '09. It was admiration at first sight. He is a genius. It's incredible how true the things he says about guys and girls are. I had high expectations for this book, and it surpassed them all. I was so impressed. As Chad says in the book, it's not a list of what to do to get a guy. It's full of real, Godly truth about who God is and what He thinks, who I am and how I think, how guys think and what they like. It gave me hope that I will find the guy God created for me. I laughed so much (he's absolutely hilarious!) and I teared up when he talked about valuing myself. He'd probably say that's a girl thing. :P

This is the second book of his that I've read (Guys are Waffles, Girls are Spaghetti, which is also fantastic!), and his others are definitely on my birthday wishlist.

Favorite things: Everything that made me smile and nod because it was just SO true! I also really love the little quizzes...very helpful and fun. And chapter 10, "Can High-five and Punch." Basically, about being friends with guys. I'm a huge fan of this. I re-read it several times. Fantastic!

Least favorite: It had to end. Bummer.

The Cover Story: Love it!

My favorite quote: I started to underline every awesome quote but gave up when I was wanting to underline page after page...I loved everything about chapter 10, especially the last few paragraphs. But I don't think I can post that much online...just go buy it!

Jordan


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I really hope to read that now! LoL, Even more so than before. :) Creative, Darlin'! After i get done with the stuff I'm reading now, I will find that at the library. :) Love ya! -Abby

    ReplyDelete