DISCLAIMER:

These are the ramblings of a wanna-be writer and enamored reader. They promise to be raw, enthusiastic and probably repetitive and ramble-y. But they are a true representation of my word-filled mind trying desperately to sort out the feelings and thoughts that consume me as I read. Enjoy?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Time to Heal...

I went to a friends house for the weekend in NC, to participate in a walk to raise money for her to have a new, wheelchair accessible room built onto her house. She has Spina Bifida like I do, but she can't walk (I use forearm crutches). I didn't walk very much at all, really, but I came home with an infection in my foot. I wasn't terribly surprised...this foot has been giving me trouble since I burned in 6 years ago. There's just this one stubborn spot that keeps coming back. But this time it was pretty bad. The pain started on Saturday night, and I had a low fever. By Sunday night, after I came home and went to church, I could hardly walk and the pain started shooting up my leg. We went to the ER, and found that it was, indeed, pretty badly infected. I've been on IV meds for the past 2 days, but now I'm home with the same meds in pill form, and orders to stay off my foot completely.

Guess what that means? *Hopefully* I'll get lots of reading done! I got like 6 new books from friends while I was in the hospital, came home and found that I had another in the mail from a blog giveaway and an email that I had won another. I really, really want to reorganize my books now, but that'll have to wait. Thankfully, it's nice and rainy and perfect for reading.

I'll try to make the most of this time to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment