DISCLAIMER:

These are the ramblings of a wanna-be writer and enamored reader. They promise to be raw, enthusiastic and probably repetitive and ramble-y. But they are a true representation of my word-filled mind trying desperately to sort out the feelings and thoughts that consume me as I read. Enjoy?

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Killer Among Us...

Usually, I go at least a week (usually two or more) without posting a review. But this past week, I've read 3 books, and have fallen behind on the reviews! Woah! So be ready for some reviews!

Book: A Killer Among Us

Author: Lynette Eason

Pages: 343

Summary: (back cover) Kit Kenyon is a first rate hostage negotiator. Noah Lambert is a good detective with excellent instincts. These new partners have hardly had time to get used to each other when they are thrown into a grisly murder case. As evidence mounts up and more victims are found, Kit and Noah realize they are on the hunt for a serial killer. The problem is,
he may be hunting one of them too.

Thoughts: A Killer Among us is the third and final book in the Women of Justice series.

I feel like I hit the jackpot when I discovered Lynette Eason and this fantastic series. Although I am sad that it has ended, I love that it went out with a bang!

As with the first two novels, I was completely hooked from page 1. Lynette jumps right in on the action, opening in the middle of a hostage situation, and the action does not stop until you get to the last page. In book 2, I knew who the killer w
as right away. In this one, I had my suspicions about a few people. The actual killer was on my "suspect list", but not as high as
others, so I was still surprised.

I absolutely love the characters in this series. I love that, even from book 1, you feel for them and feel so involved in their lives. By book 3, they're almost like friends. I felt for them as they went through all their ordeals.

I didn't think I would like Noah and Kit as much as Jamie and Dakota, but I did! I love the strength of the women in these series. I think I'm unlike most people in the way I almost prefer a woman who "needs" the man, because hardheadedness and pride gets old fast, I think. But I loved the stubborn streak each "woman of justice
" had, while still letting their feelings show. It made it so much easier to relate to them, and to admire their determination, without wishing they'd give it up already!

I love the men in this series as well. All three are great, Godly, manly men. I love a man with a badge, a gun and a Bible. *sigh* Noah was wonderful. I loved the way he reached out to every person he met. I liked that he made it clear that he was pointing them to God, not himself. I loved that he encouraged Kit in her walk, without judging or shoving it down her throat. I loved the flirting between the two of them - subtle, but so cute!

Another thing I love about this series is the familiar setting. I live in Columbia, SC, where they are set, and it gives such a neat perspective as I'm reading to be able to visualize exactly where the characters are. Then, in A Killer Among Us, Noah an
d Kit travel to Raleigh, NC, where I grew up. It was so cool!

As I said before, I hate to see this series end. It's the perfect blend of faith and love with non-stop action and heart-stopping suspense. Absolutely incredible! I would love to see at least two more books - one focusing on Serena, the ME, and one on Alena, Kit's neighbor (and maybe Brian?). *sigh* Oh, well. I throughly enjoyed it while it lasted!

Favorite things: I love everything about this series! I love the action and suspense, and, of course, I love the little dashes of love. Oh, and Noah gave me butterflies. :D

Least favorite: It's the last book! After I read this, I found out that Lynette is writing a follow-up novella for Samantha and Connor from book one, but I wish there were more full-length novels. I would love to see one featuring the ME, Serena, and one featuring Alena, Kit's neighbor (with Brian from AKAU, maybe?)

The Cover Story: The cover of book one is what made me stop to check it out. I love the crime scene tape look, with the eye-catching yellow, with the beautiful sister being featured in each particular book. I think it give a good idea of what you'll find inside - a crime novel with a bit of beauty and romance. There's no mistaking it for a mushy, fluffy read. And they look great on my shelf.

My favorite quote: With the romance and "religion" being on the subtle side in these books, there aren't a lot of quotes that stand out. I liked when Noah would share his faith in a unique, real way when he gave people his pastor's card. I think there was a way he put his
reasons that I liked, but I didn't keep track of it. Oops.

Casting Call:

Noah Lambert - Chris Pine, who also gives me butterflies. haha. He's just so handsome! I tried to find a picture with a "playful" expression, since I imagine Noah like that, with the teasing between him and Kit.

Kit Kenyon - After a lot of searching, I have settled on Leslie Bibb for Kit Kenyon (and Jamie Cash). There were other pictures of her that I think fit what I imagine better, but they were too big. I think she's gorgeous.

I've (obviously) read the first two books in the Women of Justice series, and reviewed them on Shelfari.com, but maybe someday I'll post them here too. I HIGHLY recommend this series.







No comments:

Post a Comment